Shanea Savours: Favorites, New & Opening Soon
Check out Shanea's list of not-to-miss Miami restaurants!
My favorites of last season:
1) Beaker and Gray
2) NIU Kitchen
6) 33 Kitchen
8) Pinch Kitchen
9) Glass and Vine
10) Bachour Bakery and Bistro
11) El Cielo
1) Lettuce and Tomato, a hidden gem serving American, Latin American, and global cuisine. On West Dixie Highway.
2) Quinto La Huella, Uruguayís new outpost in Miami, in the Brickell area, better for drinks.
3) Halves and Wholes, sandwich shop on Alton. Havenít tried it yet.
4) Plant Food and Wine, Miamiís first high-end vegan eatery Ė havenít tried it yet.
5) Poke 305, Miamiís first restaurant dedicated to Hawaiiís poke. Havenít tried it yet.
6) The Spillover, a seafood newcomer, also serving ciders, beers and sours. Havenít tried it yet.
7) Watr at the 1 Rooftop, a rooftop poke and sushi spot at 1 Hotel. Havenít tried it yet.
8) Zuuk Mediterranean Kitchen, fast and casual healthy spot on South Miami Avenue. Havenít tried it yet.
Most anticipated new openings:
1) Tatel Miami, traditional Spanish cuisine, with partners Raphael Nadel and Enrique Inglesias, at the Ritz Carlton SoBe.
2) Bazaar Mar, Jose Andes restaurant of all things seafood in the Brickell area.
3) Fiília, Michael Schwartz will open a rustic Italian eatery in the SLS.
4) Poeti, Laurent Tourondel will open a casual Italian eatery in the Betsy Hotel.
5) Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar and Grill, already with outposts in NY, LA and Vegas.
6) Brava, by Brad Kilgore of Alter, in the Arsht Center, for ticket and non-ticket holders.
7) Estefan Kitchen, by Emilio and Gloria Estefan. Featuring high-end Cuban cuisine, in the Design District.
8) Ichimi ramen, in Coral Gables.
9) Bakehouse Brasserie, part bakery and restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night, with updated French classics.
10) Cake Thai Kitchen, in Wynwood.
11) Tanuki, pan-Asian chain.
12) Diplomat Prime, a new boutique steakhouse in the Diplomat.
13) Olla, from Scott Linquist of Coyo Taco, serving sharable Mexican family style cuisine on Lincoln Road.
14) The Smile to Go, snacks, baked goods, sandwiches in the Design District.
15) Ghee Indian Kitchen, Indian-inspired kitchen featuring produce from the chefís own farm in Homestead, Florida.
16) Osteria del Teatro, a Miami institution is moving to the Marlin Hotel.
17) Employees Only, reviving prohibition cocktails, opening in the historic Coral House at the Washington Park Hotel.
18) Phuc Yea, Vietnamese in the MiMo district.
19) 4 Rivers Smokehouse, a BBQ restaurant that features Southern comfort food.
20) Hank and Harryís, NY style deli off Lincoln Road open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
21) La Muse Cafť, in the Epic Hotel.
22) Paulie Gees, famed Brooklyn pizzeria, with their signature wood fire pies, on Biscayne Boulevard.
Of course, there will be more updates along the way, but now you can start planning your trips with some new suggestions!